Pictures

Don't forget you can enlarge any picture by clicking on it!

Friday 28 December 2007

oh what a bummer!!

Thursday started out as a really pleasant day, sunny and warm, so it seemed like the perfect day to lay the concrete base for our mosaic. We called Stuart to see if he was free to assist, and to our relief he was. Then we proceeded to prepare for the job, getting out tools, premixing some cement and laying some metal ties in the circle. When Stuart and Pat arrived, we set to and layed the most level and flat pad ever in the history of building. Once finished, we repaid the favour by washing Stuart's car for him, which had arrived covered in dust from a building site not far from their villa. Then we sat and had a cuppa and a slice of Christmas cake in the sunshine.

As the sun descended, and the day grew cooler, Pat and Stuart took their leave and I decided to do one more job before dark. I wanted to tweak the satellite dish to get better reception. So, with Sue observing the TV, I climbed up onto the roof to do the necessary. Unfortunately as I was stepping onto the roof the ladder slipped and I tumbled off the roof and down onto the very hard tiles of the top terrace. The thud shook the house and Sue came running. I was in agony. She called the builders from next door, and between them they managed to get me into a car and off to hospital where they discovered I had split the humerous (upper arm bone) from the top downwards and extensive abrasions and bruises on my face. The hospital were excellent. They took bloods and other samples, x-rays, cleaned me up and then sent me to the trauma clinic, where the doctor assessed the x-rays, and said that I wouldn't benefit from a plaster, and they strapped my arm to my body, and there it must stay until it starts to knit back together. With an injection in my bum for the pain, pills for on-going pain relief I was released, just an hour and a quarter from accident to return home. We are amazed at the many offers of help we have had, and must thank everyone for their kind wishes. We must especially thank Mevlut, Mustapha and the other builders who assisted, Pat and Stuart who immediately came up to the hospital to give Sue some moral support, Erdi from the Blue Restaurant who transported us back home, Mary who got in essential supplies, and Graham and Ann who are taking Sue to market tomorrow.

We would also like to thank all of the blog readers who sent us Christmas and New Year greetings.

In the new Year we will start a new blog, hope you will all keep reading.

Until then ..... Byeee!

No comments: